PROBE to vendors inside cemeteries: Start vacating now
“Halloween in the Philippines might be one of the most anticipated holidays in the country except Christmas and New Year.” Do you think so? Filipinos celebrate this special season. It’s part of the Filipino culture to visit their deceased loved ones in the cemetery. As expected, more and more people will gather on November 1 and 2.
CEBU CITY, Philippines — The Cebu City Prevention Restoration Order Beautification and Enhancement (PROBE) team is urging vendors inside public cemeteries to start moving out now ahead of the scheduled clearing operations.
PROBE began clearing the Calamba Cemetery on October 13, 2021, as part of the city’s Oplan Kalag-Kalag. Vendors were given notice to clear the cemetery a week prior to the clearing.
“Ang atong actions based na sa request sa mga simbahan. Nagserve tag notice last week pa so kung imong iphon, taas silag panahon nga mohawa,” said Arce.
PROBE clarified that the vendors can still sell their goods but at designated areas outside, which will be monitored by PROBE as to the size of each stall and the number of vendors per given area.
Arce said the city government will not hamper the livelihood of the vendors, but since the entry to the cemeteries will be limited on November 1 and 2, 2021, there is a need to remove them from the premises.
PROBE will hold negotiations for the vendors for their set-up outside the cemeteries as well.
Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/405924/probe-to-vendors-inside-cemeteries-start-vacating-now#ixzz79EW5nOro